One of the biggest pain for Philippines startup is to find investors who will be interested with your company. It takes alot of blood, sweat and tears to be able to drive awareness and raise funds. Thanks to TechTonic 2017, budding entrepreneurs now have the chance to showcase their products in front of these people.
What is TechTonic 2017
Techtonic TechTonic is an expo featuring 100 of the best and the brightest startups here in Manila. The event allowed exposure to the startups to over 50 angel investors and venture capitalists. This was hosted at the SMX Convention Center last July 29 to July 30, 2017. All these was made possible thanks to the efforts of Original Pitch Ventures and PMCM events.
TechTonic 2017 made history by starting the first and biggest startup conference here in the Philippines. It gave opportunities for startups to showcase their products to potential clients and investors. It also had a pitching competition. ServeHappy won the 500,000 PHP (equity-free cash). The event is similar to the Rise Conference in Hongkong and Tech Crunch Disrupt in the US.
Why Startups Should Join Next Year’s Event
We will share our personal experience here at AdMov. This event totally rocks! We were blessed that QBO Incubation Hub supported us and gave us the booth for this event. Here are the reasons why you should join:
* Investor Connections– for the two days event, we were able to connect to 7 venture capitalists who are interested to explore investments to our company. We were suprised with the turnout. Some of them are offering us help in financing and even expanding to Indonesia, Malaysia and ASEAN regions.
* Customer Leads– we were able to generate high value customer leads. AdMov’s business is B2B. If you are familiar with B2B marketing a single lead is very hard to come by. With Techtonic we were able to get 5 companies interested to advertise inside our platform.
* Potential Partnerships– the event is a good place to meet like-minded companies and entrepreneurs. We were able to secure meetings with companies interested in doing cross-selling/cross promotions between AdMov and their products. This opportunity allows us to have a synergy by providing better value to our customers and expanding our reach.
* Media Exposure– we were able to get media willing to sit down with us and cover our startup. This is a big help since we want to drive more awareness about our service.
* More Friends– like what the saying goes, “no man is an island”. Startups need to build networks to help your company grow. One of the important benefits we got from the event is that we were able to build friendships with other startups. It helps alot especially for getting feedbacks, learnings and referrals.
Overall, we are very happy with the event. Thank you for the organizers who made this possible! We highly recommend that you guys should join on next year’s event.
Author: Bobby Ben Davis Cristuta
Bobby is the CMO and Co-founder for Admov Philippines. He is a serial technopreneur. He is passionate in delivering emerging marketing channels and bring Manila as destination for innovative advertising technologies.