According to the LTO data, an average Filipino spends 1 to 2 hours daily on the road. That’s roughly 30+ days a year stuck on traffic. Imagine all the airtime for brands to connect with riders of TNVS (Grab, OWTO and Hype).
Because of technology, brands can now run in-transit advertising to these riders. Companies can run digital campaigns to tell their stories and influence passengers.
What is In-Transit Advertising?
Tablets are installed inside rideshare cars. Using technology such as GPS, 4G and facial recognition, marketers can select which type of rider and run advertisements. It leverages technology to provide a way better TV experience while on the road.
Why Brands Should Do In-Transit Advertising?
* High Attention Time – billboards can only offer 4 seconds attention time. If you pass along EDSA, there are so many billboards competing for attention of commuters. With in-transit ads, you can get their undivided attention inside the cars. You can get 15 secs and up attention, so you can tell your story more effectively.
* Top of Mind to Middle-class– reaching the middle-class can provide lots of benefits for companies. The rising middle class represents office workers, well-off students and Filipino families. These people have high capacity to pay. You can sell higher margin products to these demographics.
* Provide Relief While on the Road– Let’s face it, traffic is a big pain here in Manila. Companies can use this opportunity to bring joy and relief to the riders. By sharing entertaining/informative contents, companies can build good will with the riders.
* Reach a Market not targeted by Primetime Shows– the media landscape has changed. Used to be TV is the go-to medium for the middle class. Nowadays, office workers don’t have time to watch primetime shows. Most of them are commuting at 6 am to 10 am/ 6 pm to 10 pm. In-transit ads helps companies connect to people not reached by TV.
* Reduce/ Zero Ads Wastage– with Admov, we leverage facial recognition to allow companies to do hyper-targeting. They can select what rider profile and location their ads should be shown. Unlike traditional OOH, marketers have the capability to display ads to the right person at the right place/time. Imagine how much you save from ad wastage.
In-transit advertising offers a lot of benefits for companies. Its biggest promise is the ability to allow companies to win hearts of commuters. Traffic is a big pain here in Manila. Companies need to find ways on how to promote their products and be relevant to the commuting experience.
Author: Bobby Ben Davis Cristuta
Bobby is the CMO and Co-founder for Admov Philippines. He is a serial technopreneur. He is passionate in delivering emerging marketing channels and bring Manila as destination for innovative advertising technologies.